Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion
Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion (9th grade and older) share responsibility for distributing the Eucharist at Masses on Saturdays/Sundays and weekdays. Ministers must be in full communion with the church. Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion are scheduled at their Mass of preference. For example, if you normally attend the 8:45 a.m. Sunday Mass, you will be scheduled at that Mass.
1. Must have received all three Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Holy Communion, and Confirmation).
2. Must be approved by the Pastor.
3. Must lead a life in harmony with the faith in keeping with the function to be undertaken.
4. Must truly believe in the presence of Christ in the Holy Eucharist.
5. Be willing to take training sessions here at St. Anthony's.
6. Be a registered member of our Parish.
Extradordinary Minsiters of Holy Communion are scheduled to serve at Mass at least once a month, usually at the Mass they attend. If ministers are unable to serve at their scheduled time, they are required to seek another Extraordinary Minister to replace them. Ministers may be asked to serve at special celebrations throughout the year.
If you are interested in more information , please contact the parish office or the Liturgical Director.
***New training coming soon and will be posted here, announced at mass, and placed in the bulletin***